Columbus, OH (January 11th, 2022) – As we continue into the new year, the BBB has a few items to add to your New Year’s resolutions to help make 2022 a fraud-free year. Following the holiday shopping season, online purchase scams continue to be the riskiest of scams.
Your Fraud-Free Resolutions
- Resolve to be cautious with email. Scammers can make emails look like they are from a legitimate business, government agency, or known organization. Never click on any links or open attachments from unsolicited emails.
- Never send money to strangers. If you haven’t met a person face-to-face, don’t send them money. Scammers will trick you into transferring funds by making the situation seem urgent. Think the situation over first. Don’t fall for it!
- Resolve to do research prior to making online payments or purchases. When shopping online, ask yourself: Is this a person or business that I know and trust? Does the customer service number work? Where is the company physically located? Have I checked the reviews?
- Use best judgement before sharing personal information. Sharing your personal information opens the door to identity theft. Never share financial information, birthdate, address, Social Security, or insurance information with an unsolicited caller.
- Resolve to be smart with social media. Use privacy settings and only connect with people that you know. Fake social media “quizzes” can be used to collect personal information or to help scammers pass a relative or friend. Be cautious when buying products from social media sites. BBB ScamTracker has received thousands of complaints regarding misleading Facebook and Instagram ads.
For More Information
BBB has additional tips for avoiding scams on BBB.org/spotascam and the BBB news feed. If you’ve been the victim of a scam, please report it to the BBB.org/ScamTracker. Your report can help others stay alert and avoid similar scams!
Better Business Bureau is a community based resource, a trusted advisor, and a partner in business. BBB exists to advance Trust in business and believes that businesses who embrace Trust as a core principle in their organization will see that it leads to growth in employees, customers, community and their bottom line. Through evaluation and Accreditation, education and training, and celebrating great role models, BBB builds a community of like-minded businesses and loyal customers. BBB believes in the power of trust to grow people, businesses and communities.